Vision and values
The Leigh UTC has a clear vision to be a distinctive education provider for outstanding STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) learning. Our newly built centre of excellence will enable up to 600 young people from the region to learn from a personalised curriculum, which emphasises the practical application of academic and vocational learning.
Through our specialisms we will raise standards across the UTC, expecting all students to excel. We will develop the next generation of ‘world class’ engineers by inspiring them passionately through a diverse curriculum delivered by a combination of Higher Education sector staff, Business entrepreneurs and UTC staff.
- To maximise levels of achievement and standards.
- To provide a dynamic curriculum, which allows all students to succeed.
- To develop innovative and exciting approaches to teaching and learning.
- To ensure that students’ personal development and well-being is at the heart of everything that we do.
- To work effectively with our community for the benefit of all.
- To provide strong and effective leadership and management.
- To equip all of our learners for lifelong success.
- Innovation in the pursuit of excellence and high aspirations.
- The well-being of our community and the environment.
- Respect, honesty, good manners and personal integrity.
- The development of self confidence and high self esteem.
- Rewarding good behaviour, attendance and achievement.
- The building of strong working relationships with parents, carers and the community.
- Collaboration and co-operation
To realise our ambition 7 key principles have been developed which provide the foundation for the distinctive approach to learning that the UTC will provide and develop.
- An innovative employer-led curriculum that specifically reflects the diversity of engineering & ICT skills required in the businesses of our partners, both locally and Internationally.
- A local, national and International reputation for technical excellence in Engineering and Computer Sciences education.
- Provide an exciting and vibrant environment where trainees are enthused and motivated through the relevance of all of their learning in their future adult lives.
- Develop young female/male engineers with the aspirations, passion and talent to be successful in their career choices through the provision of a high-quality technical education.
- Ensure that the most able trainees can proceed to top universities to follow scientific and engineering courses.
- Promote and develop community regeneration, including encouraging engineering and IT development companies to the area.
- Secure high aspirations for young people through the provision of a comprehensive ‘world-class’ high-quality technical education.