As part of the Department for Education’s strategy to support remote learning, they have teamed up with several mobile network providers to offer a free increase in mobile data allowances for students in secondary education.
You can request extra mobile data for children if:
- You have no broadband connection at home.
- You cannot afford additional data.
One of the following must also apply. They are children:
- In years 3 to 11 and whose face-to-face education is disrupted.
- Who are clinically extremely vulnerable and need to shield on current official advice (this could be from a doctor or hospital consultant).
- Who lives in a household that has been advised to shield because a family member is clinically extremely vulnerable.
- Who cannot attend the academy – even though theirs is open – because restrictions prevent it.
If you think you meet the above criteria, please complete the google form shared with this letter and we will put forward your request to the DfE.
The Leigh UTC: https://forms.gle/pmYKMJpZ3YJgE9vz9
If you wish to apply for this scheme please complete the form here by – Tuesday 19th January 2021 by 5pm.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact The Leigh UTC and a member of the team will be happy to help you.
Steve Leahey | Principal