Following on from the letter you received earlier this week, by Leigh Academies from Trust CEO – Simon Beamish, I am writing to you regarding the welcome back of pupils into the academy. I am delighted that students can start to return from Monday 8th March 2021.
The content of this letter is extremely important. We wish to give you as much information as possible and to explain everything we have in place to ensure that students can return safely. Please ensure that you read all of the information carefully.
Y10 – Y13 will need to attend the academy next week for a lateral flow test prior to returning on Monday 8th March. Thank you for those who have already completed their permission form, for those who haven’t here is the link:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf4gM1xnRdQstoYzD7C-ut3EPg9YA07J2q3uJMV7WN6HqDNHg/viewform if you consent to your son/daughter being tested; please complete this as a matter of urgency.
- The lateral flow test will be required to help staff and students to remain in school. Up to one third of people who have coronavirus experience no symptoms. Regular testing will help to stop the spread of the virus and to maximise the number of students who can learn in school. Testing is voluntary, but we would strongly encourage everyone to take it in order to help keep the students, staff and their families within our school community safe. It is also imperative that parents do not send their son/daughter to school if they are displaying any coronavirus symptoms.
Lateral Flow Testing Arrangements
- Wednesday 3rd March: All staff to be tested prior to students returning. Live lessons will still take place as usual on this day.
- Thursday 4th March: Years 11, 12, 13 to attend the academy for the lateral flow test. Once the test has been taken they can go home and continue with their live lessons.
- Year 11 8:30am to 10:00am
- Year 12 10:30am to 12:00pm
- Year 13 12:30pm to 14:00pm
- Friday 5th March: Year 10 to attend in tutor group.
- Tutor group 10s 8.15am to 9.15am
- Tutor group 10t 9.45am to 10.45am
- Tutor Group 10e 11.15am to 12.15 pm
- Tutor Group 10a 12.45pm to 1.45 pm
- Tutor Group 10m 2.15pm to 3.15 pm group 5
On Monday 8th March Year groups 10,11,12,13 will return and will attend lessons as normal.
Lateral flow testing days will then run as follows for the first week back:
- Monday 8th March: Year 7 to will be tested throughout the school day.
- Tutor group 7s 8.15am to 9.15am
- Tutor group 7t 9.45am to 10.45am
- Tutor Group 7e 11.15am to 12.15 pm
- Tutor Group 7a 12.45pm to 1.45 pm
- Tutor Group 7m 2.15pm to 3.15 pm
Students are not expected to arrive on site until their allotted test time given below. Student will be able to attend lessons after they have had their tests and leave as usual at 3pm.
- 7V – 8.15am to 9.15am
- 7W – 9.45am to 10.45am
- 7X – 11.15am to 12.15 pm
- 7Y – 12.45pm to 1.45 pm
- 7Z – 2.15pm to 3.15 pm
- Tuesday 9th March: Year 8 to be tested throughout the school day. They are not expected to arrive on site until their allotted test time given below. Student will be able to attend lessons after they have had their tests and leave as usual at 3pm.
- 8V – 8.15am to 9.15am
- 8W – 9.45am to 10.45am
- 8X – 11.15am to 12.15 pm
- 8Y – 12.45pm to 1.45 pm
- 8Z – 2.15pm to 3.15 pm
- Wednesday 10th March: Year 9 will be tested throughout the school day. They are not expected to arrive on site until their allotted test time given below. Student will be able to attend lessons after they have had their tests and leave as usual at 3pm.
- 9V – 8.15am to 9.15am
- 9W – 9.45am to 10.45am
- 9X – 11.15am to 12.15 pm
- 9Y – 12.45pm to 1.45 pm
- 9Z – 2.15pm to 3.15 pm
If any student tests positive, they will need to go home and self isolate for 10 days counted from the day after the positive test. Any students who have had close contact with them will need to do the same.
Compulsory face coverings/masks: Face masks are to be worn at all times around the academy buildings. Please note that the expectation of students and staff to wear face-masks in classrooms is an additional requirement; face masks are an essential piece of school uniform.
Cucina: The restaurant facilities will not be open until Thursday 11th March. All students will need to bring in their own packed lunch and bottled water until then.
Attendance and Uniform: Attendance for all students is compulsory. Full uniform, including school shoes are mandatory and students who are not dressed ready to learn will be sanctioned in line with school policy.
If you have any concerns about the return to school, please contact your Student Services Manager to discuss further.
Bubbles: In order to maintain full teaching days for all students; the following procedures will be followed, please see below, within each year group at the start of the day. Our students will remain in year group bubbles as they have done previously and following the same timetable of staggered lunches/breaks to avoid mixing.
|Side gate to the IA
|Main entrance to IA
|Side gate UTC
|Side gate UTC
|Main entrance UTC
|Main entrance UTC
|Outside UTC left playground
|Outside UTC right playground
|UTC lecture theatre
|P1 teachers to collect students
|8.20 from IA playground and restaurant
|8.20 from LA atrium and restaurant
|8.20 left playground and restaurant
|8.20 from right playground and restaurant
|8.20 from lecture theatre and restaurant
|8.20 from seating and restaurant.
If students are using the restaurant, they should sit socially distanced in the restaurant area. Y7, 9, 12 and 13 have break and lunchtimes simultaneously. Y7 will be able to access the Inspiration Academy restaurant and playground. Y9 will have access to the lecture theatre and the outdoor left playground in the UTC building. Y12 & 13 have access to the soft seating area in the UTC. Y8, 10 and Y11 have break and lunch simultaneously. Y8 will be able to access the Inspiration Academy restaurant and playground. Y10 will have access to the lecture theatre and the outdoor right playground. They should only use these areas at social times. Students will be sanctioned if they fail to remain in their allocated areas.
Y11 will have access to the soft seating area.
End of day:We will continue to stagger the end to the academy day to allow for students to leave the site safely.
If your child or a member of your household displays any symptoms you should self-isolate in line with the government guidance. The symptomatic person can be tested, and the household should continue to isolate for 10 days, unless a negative test result is received.
Social distancing should be maintained at all times to reduce the chances of transmission.
I would like to take this opportunity to say my staff and I are looking forward to seeing the students once again and are working hard to ensure the transition from remote learning to returning to the academy is as seamless as possible.