Safer Internet Day (SID) is celebrated globally in February each year to promote the safe and positive use of digital technology for children and young people.
This year’s theme is An internet we trust: identifying suitable sources of information and appropriate websites and to celebrate SID 2021 The Leigh UTC in partnership with National Online Safety invites entries from all the students in KS3, KS4 & KS5. The competition aims to encourage young people to use their creativity in a visual, written or auditory format to explain what misinformation is, why it might be a problem, how we can recognise it, how to identify suitable sources of information, what we can do to protect ourselves and how to stop its spread.
All entries will be accepted and judged in each of the following format:
- Film (video clips or AutoCad, Blendr)
- Audio (recorded audio clips)
- Written (written scripts or stories)
- Art drawing
- Competition starts – Thursday 28 January 2021
- Competition closing date – Thursday 11 February 2021
- Winners announced – Monday 22 February 2021 (after half term)
How to Enter
- 1 entry per person allowed
- Read the academic honesty policy in planners (no copying anyone else’s idea)
- Send your entry by completing this form by no later than 17.00 on Thursday 11 February 2021. Any difficulties in submitting, please email Mr Basit (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Great prizes and awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place 🏆