I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to The Leigh UTC. We are thrilled that your child will be Joining our wonderful academy in September 2022. To support your child with the transition into our successful secondary school, we would like to invite your child to our Transition days at The Leigh UTC. These will be on Monday 4th, Tuesday 5th, Thursday 7th and Friday 8th July 2022 from 8:30am to 3:00pm.
This event will be an extraordinary opportunity for your child to meet their form tutors, teachers, support staff and other key members of staff from The Leigh UTC. During the transition days we will be introducing your child into the ethos and culture of The Leigh UTC. Your child will explore the academy and what we have to offer, they will discover and experience lessons, assemblies, and tutor time at the academy.
We will also be sharing important information about their daily routines, homework, classroom and behavior expectations. Your child will also have the opportunity to explore and experience the workshops and engineering facilities we have at The Leigh UTC.
The induction days will be crucial in helping your child feel confident, settled and a part of our thriving community here at The Leigh UTC
Important information for you and your child:
Your child must:
- arrive at The Leigh UTC wearing their primary school uniform.
- bring a packed lunch as the canteen will not be able to provide them with food.
- bring a bottle of water to stay hydrated during the day.
- bring as a minimum, a pencil case containing a black pen, pencil, ruler and sharpener.
- arrive to the academy by 8:20am everyday
We need Parents, carers to:
- Confirm your child’s attendance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th June 2022
- Specify whether your child will be collected after the event, or if you give permission for your child to make their own arrangements.
- Contact your Child’s primary school if you cannot provide packed lunch and your child is entitled to free school meals
- Inform The Leigh UTC if your child has any additional needs the academy should be aware of
Please find enclosed:
- Transition booklet for September 2022 – please spend time reading and sharing this important information with your child. This includes a Frequently Asked Questions Guide.
- The Leigh UTC Admissions booklet please click here or via the link – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe5rpmo8X_4AyVSedjnTCWGWMoJ4QqnxdiA0AtawmPUfhcdLA/viewform. We kindly ask that you complete this by 10th July 2022. A paper copy is available on request.
If you have any further questions or queries please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 01322 626600
Mr G Alamu
Head of College
Mr Simon Richter
Assistant Principal/ Head of Year 7
Ms V Narwan
Year 7 Student Services Manager